Answers to your common questions
Use some due diligence before hiring anyone to manage your largest asset. All of the Property Managers, as well as a large part of our staff at Hampton & Hampton are Licensed Realtors, and or Brokers in the State of Florida. Don't necessarily assume that any Property Manager you hire is licensed. Please check with the DBPR (Department of Business & Professional Regulation) .
You can also find out through the Florida Real Estate Commission (FREC) if they have any complaints filed against them.
Hire National Association of Residential Property Managers (NARPM) with designations, they have the industry knowledge and heightened expertise in doing the best possible job. They are Real Estate professionals who know first hand the unique challenges of managing rental property in today's constantly changing economic & legislative environment.
The majority of our homes require one month’s rent as a security deposit and an additional deposit and fee if they have a pet. All resident deposits (per Florida Statute) are placed in a separate escrow account until the resident vacates the property.
Prior to occupancy we take photos inside & out of the property to convey its condition. Once or twice a year (owners preference, and at their expense), a licensed professional home inspector will perform an interior/exterior inspection inclusive of the roof, along with a detailed report and photos that are emailed to each owner. As an owner of such an expensive and important asset, this is one of the most important items in the management process. In addition, the Property Managers perform periodic drive-by surveys of their properties.
Each applicant fills out a rental application and we run their credit, three years of rental history, three years of employment, an eviction search, felony and conviction search.
The first thing that happens would be for the property Manager to post a 3 day notice for non-payment of rent on the front door of the property. After 3 days (excluding weekends and holidays) has expired and the resident has not paid rent, we will confer with the owner as to the plan of action. Once their time has expired, we can then file for eviction. The eviction process from beginning to end takes about 30 – 45 days in a normal uncontested eviction.
We process our owner proceeds by direct deposit between the 11th and 15th of each month and then process a second direct deposit around the 20th of each month. Owner statements are available on line each month and you will actually receive an email when they are ready to view.
Our maintenance calls are answered 24 hours a day, 7 days a week by our Maintenance Coordination Team. All calls 24 hours a day are received at the maintenance department at 407-219-3473.
After hours emergencies are as such:
- ELECTRICAL: Arcing, fire, smoke, no power, overheated fixtures.
- FIRE: Notify fire department immediately, followed by emergency call to the maintenance dept.
- HEAT: ONLY when outside temperature is below 40 degrees.
- AIR CONDITIONING: ONLY if health risk exists as documented by physician.
- HEAVY STRUCTURAL DAMAGE to roof, foundation and walls.
- PLUMBING: Flooding or stoppage of all drains (tenant responsible for all plumbing stoppages except when the result of roots or breakdown of fixture not caused by tenant).
- THEFT: Notify police immediately and report details to maintenance dept. the next working day.
Hampton & Hampton only works with licensed & insured contractors with whom we have built relationships. This affords quality work at affordable rates.
Be familiar with the law:
Chapter 83, Landlord Tenant Law
Designations, Certifications & Memberships
- MPM- NARPM Master Property Manager
- CRMC- Certified Residential Management Company
- 2014 Chairman Florida Realtors Property Management Council
- 2014 President Elect- Orlando National Association of Residential Property Managers
- 2015 President-Orlando National Association of Residential Property Managers
- RMP- NARPM Designation, Residential Management Professional
- REPM- Certification, Real Estate Property Management Specialist
- Past President of Orlando Women’s Council of Realtors
- Past Chairman of Orlando Regional Realtors Association Property Management Council
- 2013 Vice President of Orlando National Association of Residential Property Managers
- 2013 Vice Chair Florida Realtors Property Management Council
- Member of National Association of Realtors
- Member of Florida Realtors
- Member of Orlando Regional Realtors Association
- Member of Womens Council of Realtors
- Member of National Association of Residential Property Managers